Jericho Historical Center & Museum
Show FileMIME type:application/pdfFile Size:82.8 Kb
Jericho - Brochure - ALBUM 9.pdf
Jericho Historical Center & Museum, Old Main Street & Trotting Park Road, South Dennis. Theophilus Baker, a sea Captain ainainainain, built this full-Cape with its slightly bowed roof in 1801. Purchased in 1955 by Elizabeth Reynard, educator and author, she named the house "Jericho" because its walls were falling down. She and a cousin, Virginia Gildersleeve, also an educator, restored it. Jericho was deeded to the Town in 1962 for use as a historical center. It contains many 19th century artifacts and furnishings. The adjacent barn was also restored and is also a museum of the same period. Jericho is frequently open to summer visitors.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.