Joe Hefler's Livery, on Rte. 6A, Dennis Village
Show FileMIME type:application/pdfFile Size:156.0 Kb
Dennis Garage c1920 - Carole Bell - ALBUM 9.pdf
SubjectDennis Garage; Route 6A; Nobscusset Road; Sears Square; New Boston Road; Ann Hall; Ray Hall; Louis O. Kelley Property; Flying A Tidewater Station; Cumberland Farms Station; Joe Hefler's Livery
Joe Hefler's Livery Stable, circa 1920. This was situated at the junction of Nobscusset Road, Sears Square & Route 6. Later Sears Square was extended easterly and an entrance to New Boston Road was created over a portion of the lot where a small cottage once stood. During the war, Ann & Ray Hall and their children lived in this building. The larger portion of the building was moved onto what is now the Louis O. Kelley property and a dormer added. This is the site of the Flying A Tidewater Station, then the Dennis Garage, and later the infamous Cumberland Farms station (closed in 1994), now a public park purchased by the town.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.